Hi,

Without separate incoming and outgoing context you could not secure your system from an outside caller using your system to dial a long distance number.

Here is an example outgoing context that restricts who can call long distance. If a SIP phone does not belong to the 'longdistance' context they can only make 'local' calls through the ZAP trunk, likewise if a outgoing ZAP channel is in the 'local' context it can only make local calls:

**Outgoing.incl****
[local]
ignorepat => 9
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(${OUTBOUNDTRUNK}/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _9NXXXXXX,2,Congestion(5)
exten => _9NXXXXXX,102,congestion(5)
exten => 911,1,Dial(${OUTBOUNDTRUNK}/911)
exten => 9911,1,Dial(${OUTBOUNDTRUNK}/911)
include => default

[longdistance]
ignorpat => 9
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${OUTBOUNDTRUNK}/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,2,Congestion(5)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,102,congestion(5)
include => local
*********

** SIP.conf**********

[general]
srvlookup=yes
Callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

;SJphone
[410]
context=longdistance
;canreinvite=no
type=friend
username=410
secret=passwd410
callerid=<410>
qualify=yes
nat=no
host=dynamic
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ilbc
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
Callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

;Zyxel - P2000WV2
[411]
context=longdistance
canreinvite=no
type=friend
username=411
secret=passwd411
callerid=<411>
nat=no
host=dynamic
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
Callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

*****
and finally

***zapata.conf*******

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
musiconhold=default
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
threewaycalling=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
transfer=yes
immediate=no
faxdetect=both

context=default
signalling=fxs_ks
group=1
channel => 1,5,6

context=default
signalling=fxs_ks
group=4
channel => 2

context=local
signalling=fxo_ks
group=2
channel => 3

context=longdistance
signalling=fxo_ks
group=3
channel => 4
********

As you can see above the outgoing context limits which phones have access to longdistance lines. The incomming context cannot match the outgoing or you will have on hell of a security problem...

I hope this example helps explain what I am talking about.

Thanks