In both SCCP and SIP loads, dialtone comes from the phone itself, so if you're not getting that, it's probably a firmware problem.  Does it affect all three sound systems (speaker, headset, handset) or just one of them?

--JW

----- Original Message ----
From: Paul A Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 9, 2006 12:41:26 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 problems

Hi All,

Not sure if this is a phone problem or an Asterisk problem.

Basically after a period of time (around 30 minutes but not too sure of the
time) the phone no longer delivers any sounds. What I mean by that is.....

if I pick up the phone after a reset I get a dialtone. After around 30
minutes and I pick up phone I get no dial tone but I can still dial. I
dialled the voicemail number, I can see on the asterisk console its asking
for which vmail box and password but I hear nothing. Anyone heard anything
like this before?

Thanks

Paul