That is a positive new :-/
Any pointers to a sample?  I couldn't find a suitable sample.   I don't
have much experience with AGI but I can follow a sample if I had one.
I usually call a bank's IVR and I'm asked for merchant number, device
number, etc.  The system ask me for credit card number (that is stored
in a database) and the amount to charge.

Take a look here if you have or are considering Authorize.net.

http://developer.authorize.net/

This will give you the authorization side. You'll need to combine it with agi for a complete solution

Mike Clark