Thank you Matt!!!

Matt Roth wrote:
Try switching to native MOH. You'll eliminate the decoding of the MP3s and the host of problems that come along with using mpg123. The MOH is handled by the same thread that's handling the call, so you should see an overall performance benefit. Memory usage may go up a little, but I don't think many Asterisk boxes are memory bound.

I did not have mpg123 installed so I do not know what was being used for moh. Regardless my moh audio stopping problem was resolved by following the recipe you showed me at
http://www.oinko.net/astrecipes/index.php?n=152

Thanks Matt Roth!

Don Pobanz