John Novack wrote:

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:

John Novack wrote:

Damon Estep wrote:

There is some kind of issue with SIP transfer interaction between some SIP phones and asterisk, I have personal experience with Polycom phones not being able to do a blind xfer using the feature key.

Our receptionist does both blind and attended transfers with Polycoms all the time. In later versions of the Polycom SIP firmware: Attended transfer: while on a call press the Transfer key, dial the destination, talk, then press the transfer key again. For Blind: while on call, press transfer key, then the Blind key, dial, hangup.

All well and good, but that is awkward.
The point is/was that doing a transfer, talk or not, transferee answer or not, the transferer should be able to hang up and the call NOT get lost, the transfer complete and ring then overflow to voice mail.
Easier on ALL users and the way hybrid systems have worked for many a year

This is just the way Polycom does transfers. Older versions of the Polycom firmware worked as you describe. I think it was in 1.6.x where they changed things to separate blind and attended transfers. It really has nothing to do with Asterisk at all.