Does anyone have any recommendations on implementing Answering Machine detection for
call generation programs?

What I would like is * to determine what picks up the other line (Answering Machine,
Voicemail, or Human) to determine which action to take.  For example:

If * detects Answering Machine or Voicemail, hangup call & the AGI will log (ANSWERING
MACHINE DETECTED) and at that point, don't queue that call to re-dial later.
If * detects a Human picks up the call, the AGI will log (PERSON PICK-UP) and log that
entry.

I'm currently running a cron job everynight that queries a database of records to call
select individuals for reminders.  A call.<id> file is generated and placed in
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing for dialing.

If you need more info - please let me know, any input/suggestions welcome!!!