You are correct. _NXXXXXX matches 6137451. Once Asterisk sees 7 digits, the first digit not being a 1 or 0, and since it sees that no other patterns can match, it immediately stops listening for DTMF and starts dialing.

If you don't like that then add:

exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Goto(i,1)

And that will match your 10 digits. But of course, since Asterisk now has pattern matches for both 7 digit and 10 digit numbers, when you dial a 7 digit number Asterisk will wait for DigitTimeout before deciding that you wanted to dial 7 digits and not 10 digits.

Or you could add exten => _NXXXXXX.,1,Goto(i,1) Which will match 8 or more digits.

hugolivude wrote:
Thanks for responding but I find that hard to believe.

Clearly 6137451576 doesn't match _NXXXXXX so why does it get executed?
 It should fall thru.  Since there's no other match so it should go to
my i extension.

It doesn't make sense that ${EXTEN} = 6137451 either given the number
dialled (what happened to the last three digits).  It can't possibly
be designed to drop digits or the Dial command would never work!

I imagine that the erroneous ${EXTEN} value is related to the pattern
matching problem so that's understandable, but the pattern matching
(at least in this case) appears broken to me.