The Hardware support of SATA in RH9.0 is not fully integrated AFAIK , so moving to a SATA hard disk without an upgrade might not be the safest bet.

on the other hand until you try you won't know for sure .

have you thought of using the Fedora Core ? those have SATA support and they should be the closest thing to RH9 you can find.

why don't you want to upgrade the asterisk ? 1.0.3 is a very old version and many fixes and features where added to the software .

Assaf

amna saleem wrote:
Hi!
I have been using ASterisk 1.0.3 on Red hat Linux 9.0 for a long time now on my Home PC. I want to shift to a PC having SATA hard disk .Can I install Redhat 9.0 on SATA hard disk ??some people are telling me that I have to go for Linux Enterprise 4.0.I don`t want to leave Linux 9.0 because I want to run Asterisk 1.0.3 Can anyone help me??
Amna

Assaf Flatto
Atelis IT Manager
Cellular: +972-54-5679230