[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
What would be ideal is the introduction of an open source wideband codec
implementation. Then you could see it adopted into SIP end points and
used with SER realtively quickly. Sadly, an Asterisk implmentation
would lag a little behind due to the amount of work required in an
implementation that processed the streams to bridge into the TDM/PSTN
world. It would be great....but don't hold your breath.

For now there are Skype bridges like PSWG and Uplink that interface
Skype to SIP. These are simplistic but sometimes workable.

Does anyone here have experience with Uplink? I tried PSGW and gave up
eventually.
I am also a "supporter" of PSGW although on my AMD it never worked. Now it is getting obsolete at all, since I switch next week finally to a Linux desktop !!!!

I never heard about Uplink, where is it, does it work?
From the uplink web:

   System Requirements

   * Windows 98/2000/Me/XP/2003

sigh !!!!