On 29 Apr 2006, at 03:10, Aryn Nakaoka wrote:

I have 2 Asterisk servers connected via IAX2 connections.

PBX1 is on the internet with a public IP Address

            - with PRI

PBX 2 is behind a NAT router with IAX2 Ports forwarded

1-way audio is an issue with incoming and outgoing calls using the PRI. However whenever 1-way audio occurs, PBX2 can call PBX1 extensions and there are no issues. As well as a restart of asterisk on PBX2 clears up the problem.

If you are using IAX2, you don't need to port forward the ports.
Just have PBX2 register _often_ and that will keep a mapping in your router.
(also you _don't_ need to enable _any_ TCP ports - IAX2 is UDP only)

Any bugs in IAX2?

If the problem does not go away when you turn off port forwarding, do an iax2 debug on PBX1 and
send me a log of a call that fails and I'll take a look.

Tim.

Tim Panton