Mark Johnson wrote:
Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
On Thursday 13 April 2006 09:02, David Cook wrote:
My cell vm goes to asterisk, not the carrier. Apparently MWI is turned
on/off with specially formatted SMS messages. Anyone know how to do this
on a Treo 600? Having the phone light from Asterisk would be HUGE ...
not to mention extremely cool.

I've been working on this off and on for AGES. There are some SMS portal sites that claim to be able to do this as well, but I have not managed to find one.

-A.
I know this thread is probably a little aged, but I'm intrigued... How are you forwarding cell vm to asterisk? When busy or unavailable, do you forward to a DID set up to go directly to your asterisk voicemail?

I get so many complaints about how the buttons to navigate Asterisk voicemail are different from the company's cell phones and different again from their personal cell phones. I could combine at least two of them this way!

I do the same thing. It's called conditional-call-forward or call-divert, depending on what continent you find yourself on. Under normal circumstances, CCF is set to the cellular provider's voicemail system, which in turn uses called# info to put you into the right voice-mail. Since I don't have a PRI which provides that kind of info, I simply use a DID for it. Nice feature on T-Mobile US is that you have a 500 minute bucket of CCF minutes.