On Apr 28, 2006, at 8:45 AM, Don Pobanz wrote:

Wai Wu wrote:
One question thought, does the hardware echo cancellation work much better than software?

I bought a Digium TE411P hoping the hardware echo canceler would improve my echo problems over the software echo canceler, but had no performance improvement. Since then I have heard that the Digium T1 cards use the same algorithm for both hardware and software echo canceling so hardware will only work better if your CPU is overloaded when doing software echo canceling.

I don't know where you heard this, but the hardware echo can and the software can are completely different, bearing no sort of common heritage.

Matthew Fredrickson