Remco Barende wrote:
Found it!!!!!

It seems that Asterisk is looking at the date / time stamp of the call file to process the call?? I was simply moving the call files hoping
"it would just work" (tm)

I guess that the call files created on the samba share I created carried the time/date stamp of the local machine (workstation) and not the asterisk server causing a time difference.

Now I run a "touch *" on the asterisk server before moving the call files, all the calls are now processed immediately.

Is this intended behaviour for the call files?? Or just a bug?

It's not a bug. Why not use NTP to sync the system's time to a well known source?