Jerry Jones wrote:
Has anyone successfully implemented SIPTAPI with asterisk? It would

i use it with Asterisk without problems.

appear to require a true proxy. I assume it will need a seperate user

you need either a separate user or use the user of the SIP phone.

account to register and place calls, but I have been unable to get it to attempt to register with asterisk.

It does not REGISTER by design - it will not receive calls, just make them.

If you have it working, example configuration would be appreciated.

Configure the siptapi exactly like your sip phone.

make sure the call limit for this user >= 3 (maybe 2 works too)

make sure in your extensions.conf to have a routing to the sipphone using the username used in the SIP configuration.

read the docs and use ethereal and debugview to watch the log messages.

klaus

Thanks