Klaus,

As far as I've been told, yes, you do need to compile the kernel modules (even if it's just TDM functionality).

Alex

On 5/11/06, Klaus Darilion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi!

I've went through the READMEs and could not answer this question:

During installation, the Setup program asks:
   Would you like update/upgrade wanpipe drivers? (y/n)

For a pure Asterisk TDM installation - is it required to patch the
kernel or is this only when using the sangoma cards as WAN router?

regards
klaus

Alex Robar