On 5/26/06, Mimmus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
during gradual migration to Asterisk, I put Asterisk in front of a legacy
Alcatel PBX:
  PRI PSTN <--> Asterisk <--> E1 cable <--> Alcatel PBX

After successful deployment of VoIP phones, it's time to drop Alcatel PBX!
I'd like to keep some of analog lines to support modem, fax and some older
stuff. What's the best choice? A channel bank or a TDM2400P card?
Can I use a TDM2400P board together with the actual TE410P?

I've had very good results at one of my clients' locations using the
following setup:

PRI <--> Asterisk w/Digium TE406P <--> Adtran channel bank <--> Fax machine

Assuming you have a spare span on your E1 card, it's probably worth it
to get a channel bank with 24 FXS ports and put it in your wiring
closet.  Even if you don't use all the ports now, you'll be a simple
cross-connect away from adding an analog station if and when it's
needed in the future.

--
Strom Carlson
http://www.stromcarlson.com/