On 6/1/06, Damon Estep <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Changing the subject back to the original topic;

Is there bug in the asterisk hint/presence implementation, or an
intentional omission, or a lack of understanding on my part?

A SIP debug of a subscribed extension shows that asterisk only sends the
SIP presence notification to the subscriber when a call starts ringing,
and then when it is hung up.

A "show hints" reveals that asterisk changes the hint state twice, once
from idle to ringing, and again from ringing to inuse, but it does not
notify the subscriber on the change from ringing to inuse.

Here are the relevant packets for a hint extension subscriber during the
time where the state changed both times, note that the first change goes
right to "on the phone", but the notify was sent when the ringing
started, not when the call was answered.

I think there was a patch that went in recently from Mark with regard
to SIP devices and their state when they are ringing/in use and when
they are just "in use". That may help you with what you're asking
about.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/