On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 11:37 +0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> try asterisk -rx 'show channels'

that is what I did try, yes I ommited the quotes in the email guess it
wasnt understood that it returns only the header and not any information
on what channels are in use nor any information on how many active or
total calls are in progress.  This works upto about 50 channels, after
that it starts to break.  This worked fine with over 200 channels with
1.2.4 however its very unreliable with 1.2.9.  So something was changed.

If I do just asterisk -r then type show channels it appears to always
work, its just when its done from the shell prompt that it doesnt.

It acts almost like a race condition that 'wins' when the channel count
is low, but looses almost always when it gets to a moderate level.  Why
I was thinking it was a threading issue.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com we pay you to terminate calls with us!