In my experience, this can be pretty cumbersome. I could be wrong but I think the reason I stopped doing it was that the phone would restart when you applied ANY changes, and you'd have to wait like 90 seconds or more to be able to re-access the phone via http.
Moj

Avi Miller wrote:
Stephen Bosch wrote:
All I want to do is get my Polycom 501 to register with a working
Asterisk server. I want to do the configuration locally on the phone
through the console.

The console is very tedious. Why not use the web interface instead? Let the phone get an IP address via DHCP and then point a web browser at the phone. :)

Much easier to navigate/configure. Password is the same as the advanced password on the phone itself.

cYa,
Avi

--
Mojo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>