On Jun 6, 2006, at 4:15 PM, Doug Crompton wrote:

Ok well I am not crazy! This seems like such an important issue I am not sure why it has lasted for so long. DTMF is the backbone of everything we do here. Without it we would not have calls!! At least get the DTMF stuff
right. I feel a little guilty complaining since this is free but it is
also used in some high level demanding situations (not mine) and thus is
not a trivial issue.

Actually I don't think this issue is exactly as it seems. I have also seem the issue you are describing. But at the same time on the same server I have other ATA's connected that are using RFC2833 and they function properly (ie DTMF words AOK).

I think the * VM issue is actually with the SIP info method for DTMF, not inband.

Another though I have is that if you are calling from the FXS through the FXO on your SPA3000 (whem lot of contractions), shouldn't you be able to reinvite and get * out of the media path entirely? If the DTMF still fails it's not Asterisks fault.

I do also have an issue with RFC2833 not working properly on one ATA (wellgate 3701a), but I kind of presume that to be wellgates implementation issue.

I would think that if this DTMF issue was as plainly obvious as this thread suggests it would have been fixed long ago? I hope?

Marty