I thought I could try to post this question here since I have at times found excellent support here on [EMAIL PROTECTED] issues as well as pure/straight digium/asterisk issues. I am looking to finally build a permanent asterisk server and would prefer, if at all possible, to stick with the "new" [EMAIL PROTECTED] called trixbox. Does anyone know if the CentOS behind trixbox is a relatively complete CentOS system? I have various other gateway services I would liek to run and would like to consider it a full-blown CentOS system, where I could use any/all docs/guides/updates etc, as for a stand-alone CentOS install?

Or, am I better off simply installing CentOS (latest), and do a bare-bones asterisk/hudlite etc, install? I have only installed asterisk through various version of [EMAIL PROTECTED] and would like to avoid a painfull, lengthy manual install and configuration, as well as managing updates. Trixbox now uses tidy, simple binary rpms for updates so this will go along ways to ensuring stable/simple/quick upgrades.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Johnny Stork
Open Enterprise Solutions

http://www.openenterprise.ca