On 6/7/06, Marnus van Niekerk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I have a 1.2.4 * box with two HFC modems using chan_modem_i4l and several
SIP phones and ATA's.

 We have a terrible delay on calls between the PSTN (isdn BRI) and the SIP
phones.  All internal calls are fine.  My first thought was that the
transcoding could cause the delay but all of the SIP phones default to ulaw
so there should not be any transcoding needed.
 I also checked the load on the server and it is well below 10% cpu
utilisation and load average of below 1.

Is there some form of jitter buffering going on? Perhaps the echo
cancelling (I assume there is some) is adding a significant delay?
Perhaps try turning it off temporarily. It seems likely to be related
to chan_modem_i4l if your internal calls are all okay.

Cheers,
Steve