On 9 Jun 2006, at 02:04, Leo Ann Boon wrote:

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to buy a small form-factor PC system for use with Asterisk and Hylafax in conjunction with a Eicon DIVA Server single-port ISDN card (needs full-size 5V PCI 2.2 slot, but PCI-X compatible). Use is very light - at most a single call at any one time. If the Mac Mini had a PCI slot I'd try to use that one, but oh well ;)

You mean PCI-E? If you really need PCI-X, then you're out of luck. PCI-X is only available on server boards. For a single port ISDN, one of those Mini-ITX boxes should work. I built something similar using a Mini-ITX (1GHz CPU) with an AVM Fritz! PCI ISDN card using chan_capi. IIRC, Xorcom has a TS-1 which is a SFF Asterisk server for <$500. BTW, I don't think the Mini-ITX mobos can support PCI-E.

It's a normal 5.5 V PCI slot, the card can also deal with PCI-X slots as the documentation claims.

I'll take a look at Xorcom's offerings, thanks.

jens