From: Douglas Garstang
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 11:00 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] DUNDi Users

I have three Asterisk boxes.
Each has the following in dundi.conf:

180net =>
dundi_local,0,IAX,dundi:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/${NUMBER},nopartial
180q =>
dundi_q_pbx1,1,IAX,dundi:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/${NUMBER},nopartial
180q =>
dundi_q_pbx2,2,IAX,dundi:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/${NUMBER},nopartial
180q =>
dundi_q_pbx3,3,IAX,dundi:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/${NUMBER},nopartial

My iax.conf on all three Asterisk boxes has this:

[dundi]
type=user
dbsecret=dundi/secret
context=dundi_local
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g729

I can do a lookup on pbx2 to find where a number is:

hermes*CLI> dundi lookup [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  1.     1
IAX2/dundi:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/oe_main (EXISTS)
     from 00:0e:0c:a1:92:6f, expires in 0 s
  2.     1
IAX2/dundi:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/oe_main (EXISTS)
     from 00:0e:0c:a1:92:4d, expires in 0 s
DUNDi lookup completed in 53 ms

However, when I dial the DUNDi path, this is what pbx1 logs
on the console:

Jun 14 10:51:39 NOTICE[22424]: chan_iax2.c:7215 socket_read:
Rejected connect attempt from xxx.187.142.204, request
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' does not exist

I tried adding the contexts to [dundi] in iax.conf:

[dundi]
type=user
dbsecret=dundi/secret
context=dundi_local
context=dundi_q_pbx1
context=dundi_q_pbx2
context=dundi_q_pbx3
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g729

However, the call on pbx1 is still routed to the dundi_local
context instead of dundi_q_pbx1.
Do I have to go and modify dundi.conf, so that every dundi
entry uses a different DUNDi user, like this?

180q =>
dundi_q_pbx1,1,IAX,dundi1:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/${NUMBER},nopartial
180q =>
dundi_q_pbx2,2,IAX,dundi2:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/${NUMBER},nopartial
180q =>
dundi_q_pbx3,3,IAX,dundi3:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/${NUMBER},nopartial

And then add users dundi1, dundi2 and dundi3 to iax.conf?
I sure hope not. What a horrible way to have to do it.

Doug.

Aaron Daniel
Computer Systems Technician
Sam Houston State University