Comfort noise is the sound you hear from the phone to assure the user that there is still a connection to the other end. It is there to keep you from hearing no sound through the speaker and thinking you have been disconnected.

Check your phone's config for comfort noise or silence suppression and turn it on or off respectively.

What phone model(s) do you see this with?

Daniel Salama wrote:
Can anyone explain to me what this means:

Jun 14 19:46:10 NOTICE[7391]: rtp.c:331 process_rfc3389: Comfort noise support incomplete in Asterisk (RFC 3389). Please turn off on client if possible. Client IP: 66.175.1.1

When I try to make a call from certain IP phones, I see that message on the console.

Thanks,
Daniel