Calls going on at the same moment in time.

Crazy Boy wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your response. I have a doubt. May I know what is meant by simultaneous calls? Looking forward for your response.

Thanks&Regards,
Chandra.

*/Zoa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

    Crazy Boy wrote:
    > Hi Friends,
    >
    > I am implementing Asterisk PBX in our office with 180
    extensions. In
    > our office, we will make 3 calls to USA daily. We have 1 MBPS
    > bandwidth from ISP and 100 MBPS bandwidth in our LAN. I have two
    doubts.

    > 1) How much bandwidth should we allocate for making VOIP calls?
    What
    > can be the projected use of bandwidth to make International VOIP
    calls?
    Go have a look here...
    http://www.asteriskguru.com/tools/bandwidth_calculator.php

    > 2) Can I use Pentium IV system, 2.6 GHz processor speed with 512 MB
    > RAM as dedicated Asterisk server?
    3 calls a day ? How many simultaneous calls maximum to any
    destination ?
    you can probably do 40-50 simultaneous calls with the most cpu
    intense
    codecs. (g729, iLBC, speex) and 2 to 3 times more with ulaw/alaw/gsm

http://mail.yahoo.com