Douglas Garstang wrote:
General question.

If you install a Digium card in an Asterisk system, and install zaptel drivers,
do this give any benefit of echo cancellation? Our PSTN gateway is a separate
Audiocodes box, so the zaptel card wouldn't actually be connected to anything.
I'm wondering though doing this would help, in general, with echo cancellation.

I wouldn't think so, since the echo cancellation settings are in zaptel-land. So the call path would have to go through a zap channel before the echo canceller can work.

Flynn