I have tried both ways (with PHPAGI and without), and neither works I went back to a real simple test, and that doesn't even work.

Here is the CLI:
- Executing AGI("SIP/9897943713-9e04", "VoiceMail.php") in new stack
   -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/VoiceMail.php
   -- AGI Script VoiceMail.php completed, returning 0

Here is my code
#!/usr/bin/php -q
<?php
set_time_limit(0);
require('../phpagi/phpagi.php');

$agi = new AGI();
$agi->answer();

$agi->say_digits(1,2,3);
//$agi->stream_file('welcome.gsm');
?>

Both stream file and say digits did not work. The file is located in my /agi-bin/ directory. The PHPAGI files are located in in the a directory up called phpagi. So I don't see what is wrong with ../phpagi/phpagi.php

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

Time Bandit wrote:
Can someone post an example of how you read in a channel variable from
asterisk through PHP. I tried the ones voip-info.org but none of them
seem to work, or at least I am not doing something write, but I have no
problem setting variables and other functions, just reading variables
into my script. The variable I want to read in is a macro argument, and
just to be safe, I assign it to a channel variable within the macro.

Use phpagi : http://phpagi.sourceforge.net/

hth