I'm working on a server being implemented for a client right now which, due to a long string of issues I won't go into, has decided that they wish to use cisco 7960s over sccp with asterisk. Now it's up to us to write in the many features that this setup doesn't support by default. The current issue is with "n-way" calls.

As a base we're using the code from the how-to on VoIP-info, using app_asyncgoto rather than using ChannelRedirect and running trunk. That, so far, hasn't been an issue.

The How-to is here: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+n-way +call+HOWTO for reference.

The issue we face is this: Because of the way featuremap works, regardless of who invokes the feature, the party identified as 'caller' gets prompted to invite the 3rd party, eg Joe Random calls the clients company and it's determined a 3way conference is going to be necessary. Jenny Random, the Service Rep, hits the key sequence for a conference, with the current setup, Joe would be prompted for the party he wishes to conference, and Jenny would be thrown into the dynamic room.

The questions I have is basically, is there any way to identify (through an accessible either as a variable or through agi) which party in a call is the party who actually invoked the feature?

Thanks for the help
Wayne