Chris,

Take in account that 64k on the RTP layer is about 108 kbit on DSL when sending
50 packets/s (20 ms samples)

ERik

Chris Blunt wrote:
Hi List,

I need to put an Asterisk server in a remote office where only ADSL is available. Maximum of 8meg downstream 646k upstream.

I need to handle 20 concurrent calls over IAX preferably uLaw, so 64k per channel.

Is it possible to somehow have multiple NICs in the server each with a different IP address pointing to a different default gateway (router). But then some how load balanced into a virtual network connection?

Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated – just in case I have gone off at a wild tangent.

Thanks

--

Chris Blunt

Entropy IT Ltd