Douglas Garstang wrote:
Can't put it in a realtime database. We have multiple Asterisk boxes in a
cluster, and it's a well known fact that multiple Asterisk boxes using realime
cannot query a common MySQL database. Sounds crazy, but true.

You spread some amazing "well-known facts" on this list. As usual salted with your typical choice of words that implies that Asterisk has "crazy" flaws that no sane programmer would countenance.

I have a dozen or more Asterisk boxes that all query the exact same Realtime database. The setup works fine, and the "time to deploy" a new station with very elaborate functionality is reduced to minutes. The ability to rearrange behaviors on the fly is also a great feature. I love ARA.

I use Postgres and not MySQL, but I can't believe that the choice is SQL engine would make a difference.

I think you confuse the requirements of your deployment scenario, which a few minutes ago on this list you yourself characterized as "ridiculous," with underlying common features of Asterisk used in quotidian circumstances.

B.

believed to be clean.