Thanks!  Actually, I want to share the asterisk DB using multiple
asterisks.  So I use NFS to share the whole directory
/var/lib/asterisk in order to share files including astdb of asterisk.
However, there is not what I expected.  Say, UA1 registers asterisk1
and UA2 registers asterisk2.  Asterisk1 can only know UA1 and
asterisk2 can only know UA2.  It is what I find in CLI with database
show.
So I want to know more about astdb (where it store data?) in order to
share it between multiple asterisk.

If /var/lib/asterisk/astdb is used to store data of asterisk DB,

On 7/22/06, Russell Bryant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 11:34 +0800, unplug wrote:
> That's right.  We can find many information about Realtime (ARA).  But
> I can't find any information talking about asterisk DB.  Where does it
> store data?  As I said before, there is a file
> /var/lib/asterisk/astdb.  Does it used to store data in asterisk DB?
> Anymore information about asterisk DB that I can find in the web?

The astdb is stored in the file that you have already discovered.  It is
not intended that you access this database with any other application
outside of Asterisk.

The astdb is primiarily used for internal storage purposes.  However, it
is also commonly used to store and retrieve information in the dialplan.
To do this, you would use the DB dialplan function.

*CLI> show function DB

--
Russell Bryant
Software Developer