Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
Aside from using a Norstar ATA connected to an FXS port on Asterisk and executing a hookflash *1, no. There isn't a really good way to do it, as that is part of what keeps you hooked into their proprietary crap.

It's the same as trying to tie in SIP phones through Asterisk to a Norstar system. I have it done through a PRI but even then Norstar sees the phones as external destinations, so I can't pick up Norstar parked calls and can't transfer calls over.
Andrew,
Is the Norstar VM integration the same as that the Meridian-1? I remember VM boxes like Octel use a Dialogic card that emulates a bunch of Nortel 2616 phones to send the MWI.

Cisco Unity also does it in a similar manner except they need to use external handset emulators like PBXLink.

Cheers.