Kerker Staffan wrote:

Hi
Is it possible (or recommended) to run both Asterisk and
say SER on the same physical machine? How about port conflicts?
Maybe the easiest way is to change the default SIP port on Asterisk?

But how will that work if I register some SIP accounts directly from asterisk (like my SIP provider) but then wanna dial outbound
pure SIP calls via my SER... Has anyone got a functional system like
this up and running? SER/Asterisk on the same machine?

rgds,
/Staffan kerker

Firstly please start new threads, dont just reply to an existing thread and change the subject line..

A possible solution to your question is to maybe use 2 IP addresses on your server, use one for SER and one for Asterisk..

Later..