Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Problem with dtmf and voice mail

I had a problem with asterisk real time that if in the general section of sip.conf i was using one form of dtmf and in the real time i set another the dtmf would not work for the first while (dont remember exactly how long). It could be a bug in asterisk. Try making the dtmf in the general section and under that phones setting in sip.conf (or real time) the same and see what happens.

Dovid

Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 6:25 PM

Cheers Dean

In extensions config I tried

inbound
rfc2833
auto
info

I saved and rebooted phone after each but the problem seemed to stay. Could it be a phone issue?

Thanks

Paul

Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 5:45 PM

Hi Paul, Happy Friday back.

In the config of the extension change the dtmf=XXX

Basically there are three ways dtmf can be transmitted by a sip handset,
choose another or search the voip-info for the options and you'll solve
your problem pretty quickly.

Re: sipgate....sorry cant help, you'll need to provide more info.

Cheers,

Dean