<snip>
I think you misunderstand what qualify is/does. It appears that you believe that qualify=1000 means that it'll send out a qualify packet every 1000ms. This isn't an unreasonable assumption, but it is wrong. The qualify=1000 means that Asterisk will wait 1000ms for the device to respond to the qualify packet. If after 1000ms there is no "yes, I'm here" packet, then it will be considered UNREACHABLE. Qualify packets are sent out at a set interval, which, as you can see, is 60 seconds. If the device was previously determined to be UNREACHABLE, the qualify packets will then be sent out every 10 seconds instead.
</snip>
I believed the same. Thats how the docs make it seem. Also is there any way to have them sent out less than every 60 seconds ?