Hi,

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:37:52PM +0200, yusuf wrote:

Hi,

has anybody got valgring to work with asterisk

Yes

i do a
-- valgrind --tool=memcheck -v asterisk -cvvvvvvvv

then Asterisk just dies.

What version of asterisk? Did you use any special build options to build
it?

asterisk 1.2.1
I went into asterisk source and did a 'make valgrind'

The problem I have is that on the box I have Asterisk running, the memory is reported as being used up, then when there is liitle ram left, the box just hangs.

What do you mean?

Asterisk has just hung now. When I go asterisk -rvvv i only get

Created by Mark Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'show license' for details.

even a killall asterisk does not help.

Mem:       1035276     320380     714896          0      61272     190624
-/+ buffers/cache:      68484     966792
Swap:      2096472          0    2096472

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ free
Mem:        237124     231096       6028          0     35700      36992
-/+ buffers/cache:     158404      78720
Swap:       976744      69024     907720

This box aparantly has only 6028kb availble. However if you ignore
memory that the kernel temporarily uses for its own optimizations
(buffering and such) it actually has almost 78720 kb free.

So Asterisk might have a memory leak, and I am trying to find it.

To debug memory allocations, build asterisk with memory debugging.
Probably a lot less overhead than valgrind. Look for "astmm".

thanks, I will try this  :)

--
thanks,
yusuf