MPLS is a VPN, but it doesn't use encryption in most cases.

-brandon

On 8/22/06, Paul Hales <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

We did a setup of 70 sites connected back to a central Asterisk box, and
it worked very well over an MPLS VPN.

regards,

PaulH
AsteriskIT
www.asteriskit.com.au

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 20:43 -0600, Joseph wrote:
> Is anybody making calls over VPN?  If so what is the "penalty" as
> encryption is involved.
> I was planning to use VPN to register Sipura units to my local asterisk
> this way I don't have to deal with NAT issues.

Brandon Galbraith
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: brandong00
Voice: 630.400.6992
"A true pirate starts drinking before the sun hits the yard-arm. Yarrrr. --thelost"