[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm faced with the need to create forensic test data for an Exchange 2007
server with unified messaging. Microsoft has a list of tested PBX and IP
gateway products that are known to work (below) but I'd prefer to use
Asterisk if possible. From everything I've read it appears that since
Exchange uses SIP over IP and Asterisk uses SIP over UDP this will not
work. I don't have a lot of experience with Asterisk but I was wondering if
anyone knows of a plan to allow Asterisk to run SIP over IP or if there are
any SIP gateways that will make this conversion. Reading through the
Asterisk/Digium documentation and the asterisk-users list archive didn't
turn up any clues. I apologize if this topic has already been discussed.
Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2007/productevaluation
/sysreqs.mspx#pbx

Thanks in advance,
Brian Lawrence

Brian,

Your best bet is to use SER or OpenSER. Because either SER supports SIP over both TCP and UDP you can use them as a proxy between Asterisk and Exchange 2007. You cold even run OpenSER/SER on the same machine as Asterisk. If you had some kind of IP level security in place a pretty basic ser.cfg would do the trick, if not you would have to setup some authentication and stuff...

--
Kristian Kielhofner