I just ran into this situation 15 mins ago and I installed NvFaxDetect and it works great so far…I tested it out with a few one page and a couple of multi page faxes and all worked.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-NVFaxDetect

Bill

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dominik Weber
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 2:48 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Receive Fax with rxfax on asterisk with debian

Have nobody any idea or tipps for me ?

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:34 AM

Hello,

my name is dominik, and i'm using asterisk with voip without isdn, only sip.

I'm using Asterisk Version 1.0.7 on Debian 3.0.

I've configured the fax receive in the /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf:

    exten => 99,1,SetVar(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${UNIQUEID}.tif)
    exten => 99,2,rxfax(${FAXFILE})
    exten => 99,3,Hangup

In the Debuglevel i see, while i send a fax,that he wants to write the tif file.

But on my sending machine i got the error "3311 the number isn't a g3 fax".

On asterisk i don't find any errors.

When i call the number with a telefon i got the fax sound.

Can you help me ?

Gruß Dom