Hi,

I had been struggling with this, and I thought I will post the solution.

I am running Asterisk 1.2.7.1, with a Sangoma A101 card in it. I also have 2 Digium FXO cards, and I have premicells connected to the FXO's . Calls come in off the Sangoma E1 cards, from a Philips PABX. The problem I have is that the user, when he dials from his desk phone, does not get any ringtone when he dials a cell phone, which goes over the premicells. So the cell phone will ring, but the user wont hear anything until the cell perosn answers, then everything's fine. But when I try to debug it, I used a sip phone to dial a cell number, that you get ringtone.

Yet other calls from the PBX, non cell calls, have ringtone. So when a call uses the E1 anf FXO, I get no ringtone.

This is true *only* when in zapata.conf with

answeronpolarityswitch=yes.
The ZAP device (a premicell),  sends polarityswitches when the call starts and
when the
call ends.

in zapata.conf with

answeronpolarityswitch=yes

then when  the phone starts to ring, you dont hear it ring, only when the
person answers the phone
do you start to hear him talk.

So therefore I do not hear the phone ring when answeronpolarityswitch=yes

SOLUTION:

in zaptel.conf
loadzone=za
in zapata.conf