Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:

The comments in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf didn't tip you off?

;
; On trunk interfaces (FXS) it can be useful to attempt to follow the progress
; of a call through RINGING, BUSY, and ANSWERING.   If turned on, call
; progress attempts to determine answer, busy, and ringing on phone lines.
; This feature is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and can easily detect false answers,
; so don't count on it being very accurate.

Based on the comments, I mistakenly thought the setting would be ignored on non-FXS devices. Specifically since the PRI already had the signaling out of band for all of this.

I thought knowing for sure that this fixed the issue I reported might be useful to others. So, I reported back that it had in fact corrected it. I apologize if my error has offended your sensibilities in some way.

--
Jamin W. Collins