Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 09:30:04PM -0400, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

Steve Totaro wrote:

I set caller ID to a unique identifier before sending to a transfer partner or overflow call center. This makes it much easier to match CDRs and get stats on the outcome of calls once they leave our center. It is a very valuable and legitimate use. Am I committing a crime? nah.

This is exactly what I am talking about. That is a very useful application of caller id manipulation. Why should you lose that useful feature because a few misguided people sometimes use it for nefarious purposes?

Strawman, Kristian; I already covered that, and confirmed that I
believe it to be an acceptable use, also, covered by agreement.

Cheers,
-- jra

jra,

If someone doesn't respect laws from Congress and State legislators, they certainly aren't going to be stopped by a $0.02 civil agreement drafted by some telcos legal team...

However, if such an agreement were required to "ensure" the reliability and quality of caller id services, I would have no problem signing one. ;)

--
Kristian Kielhofner