Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 07:19:59 -0500
From: Jeremy McNamara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] I hate to do this but..

Josh Roberson wrote:

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 14:52, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

Is there any current/planned support for Aculab hardware?

http://www.aculab.com

Looks like they have Linux drivers and an SDK.

Has any advancement taken place in this? Has someone developed a working channel driver for this product? I have one, and would like to see if it would be a possibility to get working...

Flebay it and use the proceeds to support Digium by purchasing Zaptel hardware. http://www.digium.com/

Jeremy McNamara

Hi ,
I hope that you aren't to quick to ditch aculab project. I dont see Aculab as an competitor to
Digium at all. Their cards does cost about 3 times as much as the TE410 that I use now.
Why would anyone even consider using these cards then ?. I have myself been using them for
10+ years so I have a bit of experience with their cards. If it was possible to use an Aculab card
and a TE410 in the same server then we would be able to dump the last of our old servers and replace
them with '*' servers. The reason that we use the Aculab cards is because of their C7/SS7 ISUP support
which is a 'must' in several of our installations. In addition to this they do support a large number of legacy
R2 protocol and they do carry PTT approvals for using these protocols in almost any country.

I think that the card they have with 4 E1's / H323 and ethernet could be considered just as a MG seen from the '*'
side and that might be the most easy way to go if you dont want go all the way and make a channel driver.
My 1c on that issue.
Freddi