On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 23:26 -0500, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> Martin Joseph wrote:

> >> Just create an inbound route to VoiceMailMain(). Then, press "*"
> >> during the outbound message and it'll prompt you for a password. Hey
> >> presto, you're inside your voicemail!
> >
> > Well, I was excited to see this response, since I haven't implemented a
> > way to check my voice mail from PSTN, but figure it would work based on
> > your description.
> >
> > Short version:
> >
> > It doesn't work.  pressing * during my outgoing message does nothing.
> >
> > Oh well, I guess there really is no free lunch.
> > Marty
>
> The previous poster is obviously running some Asterisk GUI.
>
> You need to read the info on "show application voicemailmain" in the
> Asterisk CLI.  Add a | at the end of the mailbox name in your
> extensions.conf and that *should* fix it.

What does the "|" do
like this:
exten => s,8,Voicemail(11|)

>From the CLI "show application voicemailmain"
Description]
  VoiceMailMain([EMAIL PROTECTED]|options]): This application allows
the
calling party to check voicemail messages. A specific mailbox, and
optional
corresponding context, may be specified. If a mailbox is not provided,
the
calling party will be prompted to enter one. If a context is not
specified,
the 'default' context will be used.

Is "Voicemail" the same as "VoiceMailMain"

--
#Joseph