why not using a "zap show" command and parse the results externally?
l.

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:12:46 +0200, Nick Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I need to determine the number of active calls in a group from outside of Asterisk. Currently I poll the manager API and parse the channel status list but this is becoming too expensive on CPU.

What are my options? What is considered "standard practice" ? Update a DB field? Poll the manager api? Use an asterisk -rv 'some command' call?

--
Loway Research - Home of QueueMetrics
http://queuemetrics.loway.it