On 11/9/06, mail-lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Erick Perez wrote:
> I can report that with asterisk 1.2.13, internal SIP calls work
> perfectly but (in my particular case) my asterisk box cannot recognize
> DTMF digits when it receives a call via our SIP provider. we are both
> using rfc2833 and I have tried relaxdtmf=yes/no
>
> when i use an internal sip extension and call somebody outside via my
> sip provider, dtmf is recognized.
>
> On 11/9/06, mail-lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > Also, I am not using a zaptel timer.  Could this possibly be causing
>> > problems with DTMF??
>> I really don't know for certain but here's what I experienced: When
>> calling out asterisk gives the option to allow called numbers to
>> transfer by hitting the '#' by putting 'T' (or 't'?) as an option in th
>> dial string. This would very seldom work. I could hit the '#' on the
>> called phone it would say 'extension' but would always reply with 'not
>> valid extension'
>>
>> I recently upgraded to 1.2.12 and noticed that there was no ztdummy
>> running! I compiled my own zaptel installed it, loaded the modules on
>> boot and now the transfer works perfectly.
>>
>> Also: my moh wasn't working for some reason. After I installed the
>> ztdummy module it works too..
>>
>> I'm not sure whether the transfer issue was fixed by using the ztdummy
>> module or by the asterisk issue but my point is that you should always
>> have the ztdummy module installed if possible.
>>
>> Just my .02. Hope it helps

Erick,

Do you have ztdummy running?
What SIP provider are you using. Incoming calls work fine for me (and
always have as far as I know).

I have a TDM400 installed. loading wctdm and not ztdummy.
centos 4.4 with kernel 2.6
My provider is not located in US...I am not lcated in the US
Erick Perez
Panama Sistemas
Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
Panama, Republica de Panama
Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780