On 21 Nov 2006, at 14:34, Jay Moore wrote:

Tim Panton wrote:
On 20 Nov 2006, at 21:46, Jay Moore wrote:
Doug wrote:
Hmmm.  I think this may work for WinAmp and
incidently for Windows Media Player:
http://www.mlkj.net/gsm/

No luck with WMP. Anyone else have any suggestions on playing .gsm files in Windows Media Player?
Jay, would you be interested in a java applet that played gsm files ?
I think I have the bones of one kicking around that I could dust off
and polish up.
This only really works if you are providing your customers access to the gsm files
via http and can easily wrap a page around them...

Well, ideally I'd like for my customers to be able to download the file and play it on their computer, but a Java applet that plays them on our website would be a cool idea, too. So, yeah, I'd be interested.

Here's my bare bones implementation GSM player for voicemail etc

http://www.westhawk.co.uk/software/playGSM/PlayGSM.html

As the web page says, you can use it in 2 ways:
1) as an applet - arrange for the web app (php?)  to set the 'url' param
and it will play download and play the selected file

2) or if you download the jar file (http://www.westhawk.co.uk/ software/playGSM/PlayGSM.jar)
  you can also run it as an application

java -jar playGSM.jar {url of gsm}

It is GPL - so enjoy and fix bugs ....