Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:16 AM
Subject: RE: [asterisk-users] What's up with the Manager Interface?!?!

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Edwards [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:55 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Douglas Garstang wrote:

> Grrrr. Here's another example...
>
> Action: Command
> Command: sip show peer 2944093
>
> Response: Follows
> Privilege: Command
>

>  * Name       : 2944093
>  Secret       : <Set>
>  MD5Secret    : <Not set>
>  Context      : 180o_CallStart
>  Subscr.Cont. : 180o_WatchBLF
>
> Why the HELL is there an asterisk before 'Name'? Now I have
to strip the bloody thing out!
> And why is there TWO empty lines before it?
> Good grief!
>
> Doug.

Would it be a better use of your time to "fix" the offending modules
rather than kludge your code to handle the inconsistencies?

Is AMI spec'd or would that be the first step?

Steve,

No... I'm not a C programmer. A standard interface would be a first step. :)

Doug.

Doug,
Instead of getting upset try fixing it. What happend to the cheery Doug that I knew from a month ago ? Run outa Jack ? I can try to get you a bottle :)