Perhaps it has been worked over since I last looked into this, but it USED to pass CLID that weren't, and would only come into play if the CLID were blank, Don't know if that is still the case,but I had to add gotoif's for Anonymous, asterisk or private. It also passed CLID's that were abridged extension numbers.
Has this been fixed? Or is it considered a "feature"?

John Novack

Julio Arruda wrote:

Try to search for the PrivacyManager application.
It does 'check' if the CallerID is present, if not, it will play an announcement to ask the person to 'type' their phone number, and it will allow you to then accept it.

jezzzz . wrote:
Is it possible to reject all incoming calls that do
not have a CID?

Could I do something like that (modified version from
the book):
exten => 123,1,GotoIf($[${CALLERIDNUM} = ]?20:10)
exten => 123,10,Dial(Zap/4)
exten => 123,20,Playback(abandon-all-hope)
exten => 123,21,Hangup(

Alternatively, what's the privacy.conf file for? What
does it mean for a user to have to chances to 'enter
his CID' else his call is rejected?